Exclusive DAN Asia-Pacific Membership Benefits
Divers are a lot safer underwater, and above, with DAN Membership!
An annual fee of just AUD$60* for an individual or AUD$85* for a family gives you access to a great range of Member benefits.
* Add 10% GST for Australian applications & AUD$10 postage contribution for overseas applications.
- 24-hours, 7 days a week, medical assistance, in the event of a diving emergency worldwide.
- Emergency Evacuationfrom almost anywhere in the world to an appropriate medical facility for both diving & non-diving accidents.
As part of DAN Asia-Pacific Membership, our Members automatically gain access to a broad range of TravelAssist benefits. A key TravelAssist benefit is Emergency Evacuation Coverage.
A DAN Member, who is travelling more than 80km from home (measured directly by air), can be evacuated from almost anywhere in the world to an appropriate medical facility, in the event of an accident or illness. Up to US$150,000 per person (if a Family Membership) evacuation cover is valid whether the accident is diving related or not during any travel trip.
Your Emergency Evacuation Benefit does not include Search & Rescue efforts to locate a person (injured or un-injured) whose location is unknown, or efforts to rescue such persons from a dangerous situation or location.
Note: The 80km evacuation rule is waived in the case of diving emergencies only where a Member has elected to take out Optional Dive Injury (Treatment) Insurance.
- A range of travel assistance benefits which are extendable to family members travelling with you. Click Here to View TravelAssist Benefits & Conditions
- Medical advice via DAN Doc online, the Medical Hotlines throughout the region, and through the DAN Asia-Pacific Head Office.
Access to Optional Dive injury (Treatment) Insurance Policies
- Access to treatment policies that are specific to diving activities.
- DAN AP offers several Treatment Insurance Plans. Members can choose the plan that best matches their individual requirements. Click here to learn more about DAN Asia-Pacific’s Insurance Plans
- Flexibility in the choice of policies for individual family members (i.e. each family member, if electing to take out a level of treatment insurance, can select the policy that best matches their individual needs).
- Assistance in and handling of the required formalities in the event of an accident.
- A Membership Card with personal data and emergency contact numbers. Conveniently, the card is credit card size to allow you to carry it with you in your wallet at all times.
- Annual subscription to Alert Diver, DAN Asia-Pacific's magazine. Alert Diver is your guide to dive health and safety as well as providing practical & useful diving tips to make your diving safer and more enjoyable. This magazine is only available to DAN Asia-Pacific Members.
- An annual subscription to the quarterly e-newsletter, Deeper with DAN. Each issue features a case-study where a Member shares their dive injury/illness and explains how DAN came to their assistance. A feature of these case studies is the "Lessons Learnt" so Members can learn from the experiences of their fellow DAN AP Members.
- The DAN Emergency Handbook, which contains invaluable information such as the recognition & management of diving injuries and advice on how to avoid decompression illness.
- A sticker with essential emergency numbers for your tank, ensuring you have access to these important numbers at all times.
- Being prepared in the event of an emergency and knowing DAN is on-hand 24-hours, 7 days a week to do their utmost to assist you.
- Exclusive access to Bonus+, DAN Asia-Pacific’s new Member Benefits Program that provides exclusive offers from dive businesses throughout the region … Save $$$, be Rewarded, Indulge in New Experiences!!
- Access to our Emergency Medical Database (EMD). The EMD provides a central location for Members to store their important medical information (blood group, allergies, medical history, etc), which can enable a treating doctor to obtain important information about a patient in the event that the patient (or others at hand) is unable to provide this. This can allow the treating doctor to have a better understanding of the patient under medical care.
- Access to special Member Rates for DAN Products & Equipment.
- Notification of DAN Asia-Pacific Training Courses, which include First Aid and Oxygen Provision.
- Invitations to underwater safety seminars and conferences.
- Access to information about diving safety through DAN Asia-Pacific's various publications and website.
- Contributing to the enhancement of dive safety for all recreational divers.