The Work of DAN Asia-Pacific
DAN Asia-Pacific works hard to improve dive safety services throughout the Asia-Pacific for the benefit of the diving and general community. In endeavouring to do this DAN undertakes many activities, some of which include:
- The provision of a world class Membership Program that includes a valuable range of TravelAssist benefits, Dive Injury (Treatment) Insurance policies to meet the various needs of divers, as well as producing Alert Diver magazine, to keep recreational divers up-to-date and informed about current dive health and safety issues.
- Provision of funding for 24-Hour Diving Emergency Hotlines throughout the Asia-Pacific region to assist divers in their time of need.
- First aid and oxygen provider training courses for the diving public as well as the workplace and home environments.
- DAN conducts educational seminars in an effort to refresh the safety skills of divers and to disseminate the latest information on diving health and safety.
- Promoting dive safety via a variety of educational initiatives, such as the invaluable Diver Below promotion.
- Conducting Research into factors such as repetitive dives, flying after diving, age, and gender, in order to improve the understanding and safety of recreational diving and to facilitate the development of safe dive tables and computers.
- Collecting, analysing and creating a publication of data on diving accidents and fatalities with a goal of improving the understanding of the causes of such accidents and to develop better treatment methods.
- Providing support to the diving and dive medical community through the Recompression Chamber Assistance Program.For example, providing support for the establishment of recompression facilities in Thailand, PNG, Vanuatu, the Solomon Islands, Chuuck, and others.
- DAN periodically donates oxygen equipment and training to dive locations to improve dive safety within the region.
- DAN Asia-Pacific has established representatives throughout the region in order to improve the availability of treatment and training to both residents and visitors to those countries, e.g. Thailand, Korea and Hong Kong.
- Training the dive industry in accident management and facilitating the availability of first aid equipment and facilities throughout the region.
DAN works hard to support divers, and without the support of divers, we cannot function. Everything we do, we fund through memberships and training revenue. So why not support DAN and diving safety by becoming a DAN Member BACK or Sponsoring DAN today!